Over 50 independent authors,
artists and publishers
FREE talks and entertainment
all day long
We offer the opportunity for new and established talent to showcase their work against the background of the celebrity-bound established literary festival, contemporaneously taking place in our city in March 2020.
It seems to be increasingly difficult for all but the most ‘already-successful’ authors to be accepted by traditional publishers, and/or receive recognition and profile in our mainstream media. Indie book fairs are becoming established elsewhere and since Oxford is a major city of arts and letters and renowned for writing and publishing it is not before time that the ever-growing Indie sector is to have its voice.
- Free Admission to the general public.
- A programme of performances will take place during the whole day, concurrent with the exhibit and sale of published work:
- Performance poetry by Euton Daley, Jenny Lewis and Adnan Al-Sayegh
- Performance Art by LAPER
- Local history talks and walks by Mark Davies
- Presentation on animation by Joanna Harrison
- Book launches and talks including Sylvia Vetta on Mixed Relationships inspiring her fiction.
- Korky Paul with Magic Moments for our young visitors
- Catering for beverages and light meals will be provided by PUKs with a share of the profits donated to Asylum Welcome.
The organisers intend this first Oxford Indie Book Fair will be the beginning of an ambitious programme of events to celebrate the Independent sector, encompassing authors, publishers, e-publishers, agencies, printers, poets, illustrators, designers and writers’ groups. A follow-up event for pre-Christmas 2020 and an even more ambitious pre-Easter Fair for 2021 are also being planned.